Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 296: VICTORY!

Mays Business School- Texas A&M
This is what Math does to us....
Today, Brittany Muller and I participated in the Texas A&M Mathematics Competition in College Station. We did it for the math club at our school- not because of our passion for math. Brittany picked me up at 5:30 am and we didn't get home until after 6pm! We were the only white girls there representing Austin High School. I have never been surrounded by so many smart Asian and Indian kids before in my life! Brittany and I definitely stuck together all day and were isolated from the group. If we didn't have each other, it would have been miserable. We took two impossible math tests, waited around for hours, ate lunch at Potbelly, waited around some more and watched a bunch of geniuses get their awards. After a long Saturday wasted on math, we finally headed home! Right afterwards, Taylor picked me up and we went to the Austin vs. Clements football game. When we were walking into the game, I saw there was a full moon tonight (that was sign #1 that it was going to be a great night)! The tickets are $8 at the door and just before Taylor went to buy his... a nice man just GAVE him his extra student ticket (that was sign #2 that it was going to be a great night). The Austin boys played GREAT the entire game and we WON 36-31 against Clements!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is definitely sign #3 of a FANTASTIC night! That was our FIRST victory in EXACTLY two years! We finally broke our long losing streak and it felt so good! The fans were going wild and the football boys were ecstatic (and that's an understatement)!! They dumped the entire ice chest on Coach Schreiber after the game... it was priceless. At the very end, we all stood together and swayed, waving our bulldog signs in the air. We’ve been waiting for that moment for a long time! Tonight is one of those nights that I will remember for the rest of my life. It was our last official game of my senior year and we won... WE WON! I am so proud of our football team- they played incredible tonight! They have worked so hard this season and have been disappointed way too many times. Tonight was their night to shine against Clements and they played with heart. What an awesome night in AHS history!

Also, Shannon got her overhand serve over the volleyball net for the first time today!! She got two over and one was the game winning point... that was definitely her VICTORY!!

And I didn't bring my camera to the one game we actually won... so these are borrowed pictures!! Unbelievable!