Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 280: Take the Lead


Last school year, I learned a lot about leadership through the organizations that I was involved in. However, it was not until this year that I truly realized what I learned and how to apply it to my life. The key to leadership is delegating tasks and trusting the people that you work with. That is extremely hard for me, because I tend to want to control everything and I always strive for perfection. This year I am in charge of FLO/SAIL, which is a freshmen and sophomore leadership organization. Today I was making the agenda for our next meeting and I found a quote that suits leadership perfectly: "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." I always want people to trust me and my ability to get things done and in return I need to trust other people and always bring them up- not down!