Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 279: Picture Fail.

Today was a picture fail. I don't know if I am allowed to do this, but I figured I could make up my own rules as I go along. I took over 500 pictures last week and posted over 400 on Facebook. Needless to say, my camera and I were taking a break today. I honestly can't believe it is Day 279 and I haven't had a 'Picture Fail Day' yet. However, just because I didn't take a picture doesn't mean my day was insignificant. This is from the song ‘It's Your Life’ by Francesca Battistelli...

It’s your life
What you gonna do?
The world is watching you
Every day the choices you make
Say what you are and who
Your heart beats for
It’s an open door
It’s your life

Are you who you always said you would be?
With a sinking feeling in your chest
Always waiting for someone else to fix you
Tell me when did you forget
It's your life.

The line that stood out to me today was, Are you who you always said you would be? Picture yourself 10 years from now... now picture what your life looked like 10 years ago. It's incredible what changes can take place over a 10 year span! We never could have predicted the exact circumstances that we are in today- our struggles, our triumphs, our appearence, our friends, or our challenges.  Everyone always says, one day I'll be a better person and I'll be more _________ (fill in the blank). My question is... why can't that be today? We should be making choices and living our lives in a way that reflects how we want to be remembered. We are not promised another day... are you who you always said you would be?