Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 285: Run


Running is one of those things that I hate to do, but I love the feeling after I am finished. Since we live in Texas and it is unbearably humid for the majority of the year, I don't run outside as often as I'd like. But today I decided to take on the challenge- and yes, it was a challenge. I am not the fastest runner, but I try to run the entire way. My face will turn tomato red and I will usually be gasping for air. Lauren texted me yesterday, "To my family and friends that are exhausted: 'In seeking you shall find a breath of desire and My spirit is there- to replenish and renew. Know this that a Comrade infinitely tender, infinitely strong, will tread the way with you." Yesterday that text from my lovely sister didn't mean much to me, but for some reason I remembered it in the midst of my run. How reassuring is it that God is running the race right alongside us- that he will tread the way with us! No matter how exhausted we might be in the midst of our lives... He will always replenish and renew our spirit!